What is Dermaplaning?
Who doesn’t want flawless, smooth skin and a clear complexion? Nowadays, we are surrounded from all sides by images of immaculate, poreless skinned models and a variety of beauty treatments promising these results. One such procedure is Dermaplaning, which is essentially an exfoliation process that removes dead skin cells and even unwanted hair from your face. This is done by using a specially designed scalpel to gently scrape away those impurities and leave a clean and glowing complexion. Not only that, but Dermaplaning also removes peach fuzz and other unwanted hair and can be used to shape eyebrows without the painful process of tweezing or waxing.
What’s not to love? Well, if you’re not amongst the wealthy elite the answer is – the cost. This popular procedure runs around £60 per session. Fortunately, our revolutionary Hollywood Browzer brings the effects of Dermaplaning to the comfort of your home, for a fraction of the price! Here is everything you need to know to use this incredible tool safely and effectively.
Before You Start
As with any kind of powerful exfoliation, you’ll need to prep your skin before Dermaplaning to ensure you avoid irritation. Here are some steps you can take before you start Dermaplaning at home.
- Avoid waxing, shaving or other methods of hair removal on the area you’re planning to treat, as these can irritate your skin and leave it vulnerable to damage.
- Avoid Dermaplaning your skin if you have active breakouts since the skin around the affected area will be raised and more prone to damage and inflamation. Wait until your breakouts have subsided.
Using the Hollywood Browzer
If the prospect of using a scalpel on your face makes you nervous, rest assured, the Hollywood Browzer is designed with safety guards on both sides of the blade to ensure that you won’t cut or irritate your skin. Unlike most other hair removal methods, the Hollywood Browzer is also completely pain free and causes no irritation or redness of the skin.
To use, simply:
- Open up your Hollywood Browzer.
- Hold your skin taught around the area you want to treat.
- Hold the tool at a 45-degree angle against your skin.
- Using short, feathery strokes, work your way down your designated area.
- Clean away any hair or dead skin accumulated on the Hollywood Browzer with a microfiber cloth or tissue. (We do not recommend using water.)
Where Can the Hollywood Browzer Be Used?
The Hollywood Browzer is ideal for eyebrow shaping, but can be used absolutely everywhere else on the body. Because it is designed for even the most sensitive areas, it is safe to use on the face, armpits and even your bikini area. You can use the Browzer on fine or course hair. The only areas you should take care to avoid are raised skin surfaces such as areas with breakouts, scabs or raised moles.
After Using the Hollywood Browzer:
Because any kind of exfoliation momentarily breaks down your natural skin barrier, it is important to use the following precautions after Dermaplaning:
- Use SPF and avoid direct sun exposure.
- Moisturize your skin to keep it hydrated.
- Avoid any further exfoliation in the week following your treatment.
- Use a gentle cleanser to prevent irritation and dryness.
- Avoid wearing make up for a day after Dermaplaning.
What Kind Of Results To Expect:
The Hollywood Browzer gives you incredibly clear smooth skin, free of hair. Unlike shaving or other hair removal treatments, the Browzer gently scrapes away the hair and doesn’t alter its growth. That means your hair will not grow back any thicker than before using the tool. We recommend using the Browzer once a month and wiping it clean with a cloth or tissue, not water. With proper care, your Browzer should last roughly 2-3 months, and once you notice that your hair doesn’t come off quite as easily, just replace it!
See what so many of our customers are raving about, and shop the entire Hollywood Browzer collection, including new electrical Smoothers here!